Martin D-200 Deluxe Guitar Specs
After 184 years, and in celebration of our two-millionth serial number milestone, C. F. Martin & Co. is proud to introduce the D-200 Deluxe. In collaboration with renowned watchmaker Roland G. Murphy (RGM), this unprecedented instrument is symbolic of the passage of time with a unique watch theme displayed throughout the many highly decorative aspects of the model. A classic 14-fret Style 45 Dreadnought is the basis for this work of art. The top is crafted from highly-figured bearclaw Engelmann spruce that features an aluminum rosette with guilloché engraving – a refined process of cutting geometric patterns into metal that also appears on the stainless steel tuning machine buttons of the edition.
The guitar's back of rare pre-CITES Brazilian rosewood, is inlaid with spectacular watch gears cut from reconstituted stone, mother-of-pearl, bloodwood, Hawaiian koa and ebony. The equally spectacular soundboard inlays feature a minute track in mother-of-pearl, birdseye maple, flamed Hawaiian koa and ebony, and a pickguard with pearl inlaid watch gears. Yet another unique decorative detail is the triple-strand abalone pearl striping that bisects the length of each side, referencing the early Spanish-inspired instruments of C. F. Martin Sr. The maple bound ebony fingerboard showcases watch gear mechanisms with the highest level of delicate inlay art. Each guitar is furnished with a newly-designed wearable edition watch from RGM that references details from the D-200 guitar design and bears a matching serial number with each edition instrument. Lastly, each guitar comes in a premium aluminum Zero Manufacturing attaché case with a built-in hygrometer that allows the interior environment of the case to be seen without the need to open the case. Limited to no more than 50 highly-collectable pristine guitars, this instrument will be played and prized until the end of time.
- MODEL: Martin D-200 Deluxe
- CONSTRUCTION: Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue Construction
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret
- TOP MATERIAL: Engelmann Spruce
- TOP DETAIL: Custom Design
- ROSETTE: Custom Inlay
- BRACING PATTERN: Forward Shifted X Brace
- BRACE SHAPE: Scalloped
- BRACE MATERIAL: Adirondack Spruce
- BRACE SIZE: 5/16"
- BACK MATERIAL: Brazilian Rosewood
- BACK DETAIL: Custom Inlay
- BACK PURFLING/STRIP: None
- SIDE MATERIAL: Brazilian Rosewood
- SIDE DETAIL: Custom Inlay
- ENDPIECE: Birdseye Maple
- ENDPIECE INLAY: Boxed Abalone Multi-Stripe
- BINDING: European Flamed Maple
- TOP INLAY MATERIAL: Abalone with Multi-Stripe
- SIDE INLAY MATERIAL: Abalone with Multi-Stripe
- BACK INLAY MATERIAL: Abalone with Multi-Stripe
- NECK MATERIAL: Genuine Mahogany
- NECK SHAPE: Modified V
- NECK TAPER: High Performance Taper
- PLEK: Yes
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- HEADSTOCK SHAPE: Solid with Square Taper and Diamond
- HEADPLATE MATERIAL: Brazilian Rosewood
- HEADPLATE DETAIL: N/A
- HEADPLATE LOGO STYLE: Custom Inlay
- HEADPLATE BINDING MATERIAL: Birdseye Maple
- HEELCAP: Birdseye Maple
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Ebony
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4''
- NECK JOINS BODY AT: 14th Fret
- NUMBER OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1-3/4''
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2-1/8''
- FINGERBOARD INLAY MATERIAL: Shell and Wood
- FINGERBOARD INLAY STYLE: Custom Watch Theme Design
- FINGERBOARD BINDING MATERIAL: Flamed Maple
- SIDE DOTS: Abalone
- BACK & SIDE FINISH: Gloss
- BACK & SIDE COLOR: None
- FINISH TOP: Gloss
- TOP COLOR: Clear
- FINISH NECK: Gloss
- NECK COLOR: Dark Mahogany
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Ebony
- BRIDGE STYLE: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2-5/32''
- SADDLE: Compensated Bone
- SADDLE RADIUS: 16''
- TUNING MACHINES: Nickel Open Gear
- RECOMMENDED STRINGS: MTCN160
- KNOB: Engraved
- BRIDGE PIN MATERIAL: Liquid Metal
- BRIDGE PIN DOTS: None
- PICKGUARD: None
- PICKGAURD INLAY: None
- CASE: Martin 533V Harptone Hardshell
- LABEL: Photo Etched Stainless Steel Label Signed by CFM IV and Roland G. Murphy, Numbered in Sequence with Total (50)
- ELECTRONICS: View Our Available Pickup Options
- LEFT HAND AVAILABILITY: No
- OTHER COMMENTS: All prices & specifications are subject to change without notice.